Monday, April 8, 2024

SYW - My Vauban fortification and my SYW French Army so far

Manufacturer:   selfmade from foam, various manufacturers concerning the figures (FrontRank, CrusaderMiniatures, Redoubt Enterprises)

Scale:   28mm


Hi,

after a lot of posts concerning my growing collection of toysoldiers and also a lot of posts about trips to museums and battlefields I thought it was time to do a post dealing with wargaming.

A few years ago I started a project by building a Vauban fortification made from foam and as so often the project was put aside though there would not be very much to do to finish it. The main fortification needs some more painting, a door at the gatehouse, a commander´s house and at least two houses for the stationed troops. But in my opinion it already looks good and I always wonder where to place this fortification in a wargaming scenario. 

Today I have seen a post on Facebook dealing with wooden and stone fortifications. I remembered of my own old project and as I took a day off today I could not resist to place the Vauban on my gaming table.

I also took the chance to place the collection of my SYW French army that also needs some more units. But it is quite a good start by now.

If you are interested into my older post about my Vauban just use this link:

https://dreispitz.blogspot.com/2016/07/hobby-in-general-building-vauban.html   

Hope you like the stuff. :)


Cheers

Mike


The single sections of the fort.

To know there to put the single segments I decided to mark the positions with numbers.


The Vauban fort with the left part almost done with painting.

This is how the fort should look like completely painted. In the background you can see the commander´s house that is normally a part of my other wooden fortification.

The collection of my SYW French army placed into the fort.

Regiment Rouergue

One of at least three pieces of artillery - I surely will need more of them. The smaller cannons are from the rule system of "Blood&Plunder" and have just been placed for the photo session.

Regiment Berry

Regiment Royal Rousillon

The second piece of artillery ...

... and the third one.

Regiment La Sarre - both battalions.

Regiment Wittmer (Swiss)

Regiment Dillon (Irish)

Regiment Royal Suedois (German)

Regiment La Marck (German)

A regiment of Dragoons

Regiment La Marine - 1st battalion ...

... and the second one.

Giving orders to some regiments.

Who wants to fight this fortification?


6 comments:

  1. Super work on the fort, it is really top notch and also really good to see your French army on parade, very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely amazing! Saw it on Facebook earlier on today.

    ReplyDelete