Sunday, May 4, 2014

ACW - Confederate Infantry

Manufacturer:  Perry Miniatures (Perry Plastics)
Scale:  28mm


Hello again,

a short time after my last post concerning the Confederate Cavalry I´m happy to present some photos of an unit of Confederate Infantry. 

Again Krisztian painted them up for me and also again the figures just needed to get their bases finished.

And here they are - set into a little scene on our fireplace as you can maybe see the tiles.













I´ve been quite diligent within the last week due to our hobby and there are 42 figures of Perry Zouaves on my painting table which need to be send to Krisztian. I prepared them fixing them on washers, sanding these washers, priming the whole figures and also prepainting the bases.

I noticed that it is was quite hard to sand and paint the washers by drybrushing them after the figures had been fixed on the bases by four without touching the paint of the finished figures. So this time I think that this kind of method could be much more easier.

In the foreground of the pictures showing the prepared minis you can seen two already painted Zouaves of the 5th NewYork Volunteers. The Perry box consists of 42 figures and as I fix them by four on my bases these two guys were left and could not be attached to their unit right now. 

I want Krisztian to paint another two men in the uniform of the 5th NY Volunteers so the base can be completed.

As the 5th NewYork Volunteers had been a force of the Union and our gaming group needs more rebels I decided to let the left 40 men painted as a Confederate Zouave unit - Wheat´s Tiger Rifles.
The last two photos show the supplement of the Perry box which is always a great submission for painting.





I hope that Krisztian has time to paint them as soon as possible. ;)

That´s all for this post. I wish you a lot of fun with our hobby. Don´t let the brushes get dry.


Cheers
Mike

13 comments:

  1. Again Krisztian has done a great job! Your basing really makes them stand out. But I don't get why you put them on washers first and then glue them on the bases? Wouldn't it be enough to sand the integral bases and then glue them on the bigger rectangular bases when Krisztian is done with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, maybe its because I always fix my figures on washers just to get them a greater single base. That makes it quite easier to work with sand and paint after glueing them onto the bases. The Confederates made me some troubles with that and I had to spend a lot of time taking care that I won't hit the figures with paint while drybrushing the coloured bases. The integral bases are too small and so I do it this way.

      Delete
  2. A very nice looking bunch of rebels! I'm sure they will be put to good use.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christopher,
      The units for Longstreet are growing. But we could also use them for BlackPowder.

      Delete
  3. Very nice figures. Good work by Krisztian!

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike,

    Just letting you know I've nominated you for a Liebster Award here:
    http://canisterandgrape.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/weve-been-liebstered.html

    Cheers,
    Millsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did as well as I didn't know Millsy did!

      Christopher

      Delete
    2. Oh,
      Many thanks to both of you. I didn't get this in time. Sorry.
      But I'm honored by this nomination.
      Greets
      Mike

      Delete
  5. Great post and splendid pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work! I bought a box of Perry medievals (handgunners, crossbowmen, and pikemen). I love the sculpt and variance in the pieces. Can't wait to see the Zouaves...that always makes me want to paint ACW again! Thanks for posting.

    http://petitguerre.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also like to get the Zouaves back from my painting service very soon so I can add them to my ACW army. ;)

      Delete