Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Eagle Rampant - Building a Republican Roman Army - WIP - Part 3

Manufacturer:   Victrix

Scale:   28mm



Hi,

just a short post about the actual eftorts according my current project. It took me a while to paint up these two guys due to the fact that I am not able to sit more than one or two hours at the moment. This is caused by the operation I had in June.

The two guys will represent two different units of velites with six miniatures each. There will be a unit with red tunics and white shields and another one with white tunics and red shields.

I like to do this pattern throughout the complete army. This has the advantage that this enables me to use the red units and white units as opposing armies playing Roman CivilWars as long as the planned army of Hannibal is not ready.

So here are the two test figures. They are not painted as clean as I usually do. Having in mind that there are about 120 figures waiting to be painted (and minimum twice the number of figures for the Carthaginians) I will have to do some easier methods for a faster paintjob. Therefore I use contrast colors for the flesh parts and the tunics with only a little bit of highlighting. But also usnig this method will make this project last very long.


Cheers

Mike









No comments:

Post a Comment