Friday, January 4, 2013

FIW - Pennsylvania Provincials

Manufacturer:  Galloping Major
Scale:  28mm


Hi, 

My friend Christopher and I are planning to have a closer look on the rules of Muskets&Tomahawks as we would like to game some FIW some time.


As Christopher decided to concentrate on the French forces of the FIW the British had been left for me. 
And it is a good choice as I like the British uniforms of that period very much.


For the first unit I chose the Pennsylvania Provincials and found this unit on the helpful sites of "kronoskaf".



Here is just a short post of the first figure I painted up just to test how the colours work.
The base might look a little bit overloaded but I wanted it this way as the FIW was often fought in the woods.

Again I´m not satisfied with the quality of the pictures. 
I hope the photos of the finished unit will be better.







Cheers
Mike



18 comments:

  1. looks very nice, I am just coming to the end of a huge FIW collection of figures for all sides. Played a few games over christmas very nice set of rules.
    Peace James
    Exiles Painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James,
      I´ve read your excellent reports on the games you played. A very fascinating period.
      Cheers
      Mike

      Delete
  2. Fantastic Mike. I think you are right about the basing too. All looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brand of figure is that fellow? Perry, Foundry or your own range?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a figure from Galloping Major. These figures are a bigger than Perry. They fit quite well to the newer British SYW Range from Foundry. I will post some photos to allow better comparison. I hope to manage this within the next two days.

      Delete
  4. No... don't! You have to stop this. Can't afford starting a new period at the moment though you did a great paintjob on that chap. I just love bases cramped with grass, tufts & stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick,
      thank you.
      And I won´t stop it. :):):)

      Delete
  5. Superb painting on a very nice figure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks really nice Mike! More please!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that you would like that as it is the start of FIW. :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful figure. Fine sculpting and equally fine painting - love the colors for this regiment. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work. I love the flocking, mine never turns out that well! Once again, I will have to start painting another period.

    -Cincinnatus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cincinnatus,
      the flocking is no mystery. I just mixed up different flockings in a box and glued it on the base. :)

      Delete
  9. Very nice!! Great basing too. I need to add a green coated unit to my FIW army, 15mm of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ray.
      I´m sure that they will look fine. :)

      Delete