Sunday, January 5, 2014

SYW - A figure able to be used for different armies - Reverend Howard Whitehouse

Manufacturer:  Wargames Foundry
Scale:  28mm


Hi,

may I introduce Reverend Howard Whitehouse to you?



I´ve decided this figure to be a Notable for Maurice which can be used in different armies. He got his name from the card deck of the ruleset of Maurice.


This is the game card from Maurice and the effects this card has on the game when it´s used.

And here are some more pictures of the figure. Sorry for the bad quality again. My normal camera is out of energy and would take too long to be reloaded. But I wanted to get this figure posted today.
So I decided to take the photos with my iPhone. I hope you´ll enjoy the pics though.





I built the rock using bark from a tree.
If you are interested in how I did that, just search in my blog for three tutorials I posted in 2012 about building rocks out of barks.

Cheers
Mike

18 comments:

  1. Can you change your paragraph setting from "center justified" to either "left margin justified" or " both margins justified" to make it easier to read your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely figure sir and the basing really sets him off.

    PS. I'll second Fritz request for left justified text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Michael.

      I will change the style of the text in my further posts.

      Mike

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done Mike! His abilities in the game are very useful too!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christopher,

      Thank you very much. I saw that figure in my stocks and remembered our last game of Maurice there we dropped this card. I think the figure fits very well for this notable,


      Cheers
      Mike

      Delete
  4. Very splendid and inspiring! I love the possibility of a state of ecstasy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's terrific, Mike. You've done a great job painting him (I love that he's preaching a mini sermon on the mount) and that makes me want this mini all the more, especially as I too am an unorthodox Anglican priest who has found a home in the army. :) Plus the fact that he is named for one of the hobby's great eccentrics, Howard Whitehouse, makes it all the better. Thanks for sharing him,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michael,

      there seem to be a lot of parallels I didn't knew before. That's funny.

      Cheer
      Mike

      Delete
  6. A great painting job, as usual. I reviewed again your tutorial for the base - and learned this technique. Fantastic!
    Best wishes, Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter,
      Thanks fo viewing and compliments. ;)

      Delete
  7. Excellent job on the preacher. He looks full of zeal. The setting with him on the rock and the trees behind is fantastic. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete