Sunday, August 18, 2019

The Fort - Do it yourself

Hi folks,

again it has been a very long time since my last post.
Again I was busy and time for the hobby was rare.
But I have been creating some new things.

I always wanted to have a fort for my FIW-figures and for Muskets&Tomahawks.
I also wanted to have a fort that was not one block but that could be built up in different ways.
So I started a project last year and I think it was worth doing it.

The fort is made from coffee sticks and from wooden sticks of about 5mm x 5mm.
I broke the edges of each plank and gave them a structure by using a metal brush, so that the drybrushing would have a nice effect.

It took me a long time to realize this project and I want to expand this fort with some other parts.

For there are four towers on the edges the fort can only be build up in two different ways. So what is missing are some more parts for simple edges. I´ve done these corners last week and they only need to be painted

The fort is ready for action but I am thinking about doing some more expansions. Let´s see what would be next. :)




.














































17 comments:

  1. Brilliant work.
    Good eye for detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I always enjoy making any type of fortifications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment building terrain is my favorite. Painting figures is the second thing caused of bad eyes

      Delete
  3. A great Fort! We in club, too, love FIW, but our fort not such chic 8o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. FIW is a really good topic with a lot of things to create

      Delete
  4. Nice to see you're still very much alive and kicking! That Fort looks ace and I'm sure it'll do sterling service in any AWI and FIW games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nik,
      It has been a long time since I have seen you and Christopher. We should do a reunion.

      Delete
  5. That's such a great look! Makes me really want to get back to some F&IW gaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do so. FIW is a great period of time. 😊

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Christopher.
      We should meet again soon.

      Delete
  7. Excellent. I’m inspired to make something for my 28mm pirates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful piece of art. Nicely done, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm expanding my FIW collection and found a link to this on TMP. Wow, what an extraordinary final product. Very inspirational, great work!

    ReplyDelete