Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Muskets and Tomahawks - Building a trading post and modifying a keelboat

 Manufacturer:    Trading post -  do it yourself       -         Keelboat - Sarrissa

Scale:    28mm


Hi,

again it has been a long time since my last post on this blog. To be honest I published several posts on facebook because it is much easier, less time consuming and also much faster.

But I also thought that I should give my blog a kind of revival. So I will try to do also some posts again here on this platform.

Today I am posting some pictures of my last work for my collection of FrenchIndianWar.

The idea was to build a small trading post for fur trades between Canadians and Indians and this idea came up after I had painted up some Courier de Bois for my favourite rule system "Muskets and Tomahawks". 

After having build the loghouse I remembered that I had bought a keelboat from Sarrissa a few years ago. This model is quite nice, but im my opinion there is missing the typical structure of wood. So I decided to modify this model and give it a kind of look that would fit better to my collections´ style.

So here is the result. I am sure both models will be very cool terrain pieces for several scenarios in gaming. :)

Both models still need to be painted, but this will be a matter for a further post.


Cheers

Mike

Both models ready for action and set in scene.


The first visible construction of the trading post.


I love my buildings to be able for playing inside them...

...and to have functional doors.



The modified structure of the house after I had decided to give a flat roof to the building.

Building the roof itself.

-
A very time consuming work.

The result after minimum five hours of constructing.

The roof on its place.

Adding some ropes.





The keelboat in its origin.

After some planks added.

And again - I like my models playable inside...

...and with movable doors.

The keelboat after modification.



And finally some pictures of setting the models into scene.









    

No comments:

Post a Comment