Tuesday, April 25, 2023

New figures painted for DeadMansHand - including my father "Johnny Guitar"

 Manufacturer:  I don´t remember all of them 

Scale:    28mm


Hi,

today I am posting some figures for the rules of DeadMansHand which I have painted from November to December last year.

The Cowboy with his guitar has his own story. My father has past away on May 6th in 2017. So it is now almost exactly six years ago. 

He had been a musician and used to call himself  "Johnny Guitar", often playing with a Western hat on his head. I always thought it would be a great idea to have him as a miniature on my gaming table. Not as a part of a gang but as what he had been - a musician.

I have searched for WildWest figures playing a guitar and having a big belly and had the chance to create a suitable figure on the website of   http://heroforge.com 

I bought the stl-file and printed the figure. After having painted the figure I have built a stage for the model and also started to paint up some more civilians to have an audience listening to my father´s music.

Now every time we are gaming DeadMansHand my father will be placed within the WesternTown and will be remembered once more.


Cheers

Mike

















2 comments:

  1. Cracking work on some lovely miniatures Mike and a really great tribute to your late father, I find that really nice and a super idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Donnie. Yes, I will always remember him even while playing a good game of DeadMansHand.

      Delete