Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Terrain - Building a test Fort section for my collection of toysoldiers


Manufacturer:   Selfmade from foam

Scale:   1:30 - suitable for toysoldiers in 60mm


Hi again,

this post is about a test section for a fortification I would like to build for my collection of toysoldiers, suitable for my beloved period of warfare - the FrenchIndianWar.

This section was completely built from foam and may look easy, but in fact it isn´t as easy to build as it looks. I would like to build some more modular sections to integrate them into my showcases. The idea is to do something similar to my already finished Fortification in 28mm. 

https://dreispitz.blogspot.com/2019/10/the-fort-not-by-bernard-cornwell-but-by.html

In fact I have made this piece of terrain already some months ago. Yesterday was the day that I had the inspiration to get the colors on. 

I also had built a log cabin about a year ago that can be seen in combination with the test section on one of the photos. 

The colors do differ a little bit. So the best idea is to create all of the planned sections first and paint them all together. So there won´t be too much difference. But in my opinion the colors of the two terrain pieces do fit quite well.


Cheers 

Mike


British fusiliers from JohnJenkinsDesign



French fusiliers of the Regiment de Bearn - also JohnJenkinsDesign

The log cabin I had built about one year ago in combination with the section.

The unpainted section in its pink original color of the foam.




No comments:

Post a Comment