Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Bolt Action - Japanese Army - Just a good start

Manufacturer:   a few (😅)

Scale:   28mm


Hi,

today´s post is about a project I have started - building a Japanese Army for BoltAction.

My main project concerning the Tyrolean Rebellion will be forced more as I want to get these figures finished to start with the first games of "Mustkets&Tomahawks" as soon as possible.

I have to point out that my interest in gaming WorldWar II hasn´t been a favourite one, but I always thought of a Japanese Army as my friend Franz already has a force of US MarineCorps. Within years I bought some things here and some things there, but never laid too much enthusiasm into a real start into this project. 

About six weeks ago some friends and me had a game of Germans against British troops and also a game of Russians against Fins about three weeks ago. The games had been great and my interest for this period awoke and I remembered myself about my collection of my Japanese.

Yesterday I got some further mdf-buildings from 4Ground and SarrissaPrecision. After building these stuff I decided to check the status quo of this army.


There are so far

- some tanks, already painted (WarlordGames)

- about 25 painted soldiers (WarlordGames) that I had bought on ebay about two years ago

- one painted Mitsubishi Zero 1:48  (no data about the manufacturer)

- one HMG-team painted by myself (WarlordGames)

- one landing craft (SarrissaPrecision)

- one jungle hut (SarrissaPrecision)

- a lot of palm trees and terrain (https://www.tabletop-modellbau.de/)

- and a big pile of shame of unpainted figures (as always)


I hope to find a way of quick painting the unpainted figures for I don´t want to spend too much time on these guys as my main painting project is still the Tyrolean Rebellion of 1809.


Here are just a few pictures of yesterday´s photo shooting - a Japanese force training a landing assault.


Cheers


Mike

A view on the whole scenery.

Yesterday´s delievery.

The beach.

The Airfield with a single Mitsubishi Zero


The only figures painted by myself so far - a HMG-Team.

Japanese soldiers advancing.


A view on the new landing craft - I should get more of them.

Under heavy fire.

There always should be a place for exhausted fighters to relax.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment