Saturday, December 26, 2020

SYW - Karlstädter-Lykaner - Reinforcements for an existing unit

Manufacturer:  FrontRank Miniatures

Scale:  28mm


Hi again,

a few years ago I have built up my Austrian Army to fit the rules of Sam Mustafa´s "Maurice". The units existed of four bases with four figures each concerning the infantry and four bases with two figures each concerning cavalry.

As my comrads are more likely to play using the rules of "BlackPowder" I had the problem to increase my units to give them a better look. As I like my regiments to carry their flags in the middle of the unit I decided to give my regiments one more base. 

My Grenzers also had only four bases with three men each and so I had to paint up three more figures.

The unit existed of figures of CrusaderMiniatures and as I didn´t have some more to paint them up I wondered if the figures of FrontRank would fit - and in my opinion they do fit very well.

So the reinforcements for my Grenzers are made of FrontRank Miniatures.


Cheers


Mike









6 comments:

  1. I like Grenzer:-) Much more colorful as the line infantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uwe,
      sorry for my late reply. It has been a few weeks since I had a look at my own blog. :)
      Thank you for compliments.

      Delete
  2. Awesome figures - beautiful brushwork!

    ReplyDelete