Thursday, March 10, 2022

JohnJenkinsDesign - Reinforcements for my collection

 Hi again,

Today I am posting some pictures of my reinforcements for my collection of ToySoldiers and especially of my favourite manufacturer JohnJenkinsDesign.

I always had a great fable for toy soldiers. I had TimpoToys, Airfix, Matchbox, Elastolin and much other stuff. So it is no wonder that I once fell in love with the figures of JohnJenkinsDesign for they also do cover my most beloved period of time - the FrenchIndianWar.

I love to place the figures on my shelf or in my showcase just to put an eye on them while passing through my gaming room. It is not a cheap part of my hobby so the collection is not fast growing. And I must say that it is not easy to find these figures here in Germany. Having a look on ebay from time to time there are not many distributors offering the models to moderate prices. You can find several offers from the States but the costs for delivery are enormously.  

About two weeks ago a collector from Germany posted within the Facebook-group of JohnJenkinsDesign that he would sell some parts of his collection of the FrenchIndianWar-series "The battle on snowshoes".

He offered them to a quite good price and so my collection was increased by at least 22 new figures.

Though I am always searching for these figures I am sure that it will take time for a upcoming deal like this. :)

After the arrival of the figure I placed them on a white shelf with some stones and trees from my terrain of tabletop gaming just to take some photos of the figures in action. My hanging showcase does not have the space to create a kind of dioramas for the figures. But maybe sometimes I will buy one or two bigger ones. Till then my toy soldiers will be placed within the hanging showcase and will make me smile every time I look at them.


Cheers 

Mike

















2 comments:

  1. Super figures, not cheap but some of the best, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Donnie. Sorry for my late reply and many thanks for your comment.

      Delete