Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Doing a test figure

Manufacturer:   PianoWargames

Scale:   scaled up from 28mm to 60mm


Hi,

last weekend I had the idea to try to scale up one of the 28mm figures from PianoWargames and  print it as a toysoldier in 60mm. 

After printing I noticed that I should have chosen a smaller modifier for the figure came out a little bit too large. But I decided to use it as a test figure for it has been about 25 years since I have painted my last figure in this scale. And it really is a difference between painting 28mm or 60mm figures.

While painting the figure I noticed how much detail Lucas Luber from PianoWargames put into sculpting these wonderful miniatures. In my opinion his figures can be compared with the quality of the sculpting of  PerryMiniatures.  

So here he is - my first Tyrolean Rebel in a bit too large 60mm.

To show the difference I also added two pictures with 28mm miniatures from PianoWargames.


Cheers

Mike



David and his friends against Goliath. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment