Thursday, February 1, 2024

A trip to Hamburg - visiting the "Tactica" 2024

 

Hi,

last weekend my friends Franz, Walter, Bernd and I made a trip to Hamburg to visit the TabletopConvention "Tactica".

It always has very nice gaming tables there and interesting workshops for painting and of corse a lot of things to buy.

Traditionally the first day is very crowded. So we decided to leave the convention after about 4 hours to visit the Panzermuseum in Munster which is about 60kms to go. There is another post on my blog dealing with this excursion.

We came back on sunday to "Tactica" that was the better day for taking part in gaming, having a calm look on the things to buy. So saturday is always to get an overview and sunday is for chilled shopping tours. :)

Here are some impressions of the convention and also a link to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/mCheLghabCo


Cheers

Mike

Game of Thrones


A game after the rules of "Valor and Fortitude"


Shakos and Bajonets





An impressive table in the world of StarWars



An interesting skirmish game we joined on sunday - some more pictures to come later.

Another massive Napoleonic gaming table.





Excellent figures



Miniaturicum - a great dealer with a lot of stuff.

Vietnam















Real eyecandy.







A painting contest for kids.


Gerard Boom (ShiftingLands) showing his "Minas Thirith" made from foam in 28mm scale.








PianoWargames from Lucas Luber - fantastic figures - I call him the German "Perry".




10mm VanDyke figures - absolutely amazing


StrongholdTerrain





I didn´t buy them - but I surely will do so in future as they will give life to my Saloon in "DeadMansHand"





Minas Thirith again


Young Winston - a figure sculpted by the Perry´s especially for this convention.


SAS in a night mission - "Destroy the 6 warplanes by night"


Italian Bersaglieri on patrol



As you can see I often had a look at the CanCan dancers...


"Gangs of Rome" - a very cool skirmish game in ancient Rome.


There will be a german version in summer - a must have after having tested the game.



"Sachsenklemme" - Tyrolean Rebels against Saxons

Just some photos as I want to build some houses for my own Tyrolean Rebels.












Some of the best rocks I have ever seen on gaming tables.




4 comments:

  1. Some great photos, thanks for sharing them. I'm not really a fan of Fantasy games, but the Minas Thirith terrain is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ray. Thanks for your comment. :) The works of Gerard Boom are really great and his work on Minas Tirith is really fantastic. Imho Gerard is the GrandMaster of foam modelling.

      Delete
  2. Several really nice tables there for sure with some impressive modeling, but none I'd really want to game. I watched a video on Tactica and the historical stuff is becoming less and less. Lots of Fantasy/Sci Fi and very crowded so not sad I missed out to be honest . Don't want to sound negative as I'm a grumpy old man not liking to watch things change I guess. They did a really good job just not what I'm after is all. That said I hoped you and the others had a good time and filled up your bags full of wargaming loot!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christopher, thanks for your comment. You are right - seems that fantasy is more coming up and it seems that historical wargaming gets less. But they had a lot of historical themes there, too. Three napoleonic tables I recognized, one about Vietnam, one for Conquistadores against Aztecs, some medieval ones, GangsOfRome (ok - skirmish, but quite funny), a scenario placed in WorldWar II, and one game dealing with 1920´s Gangsters. I think they show a good overview on the different systems and interests. We plan to visit RedLionCon in Braunschweig in April. Not too crowded as Tactica as they tell and also many participation games and dealers. Maybe you want to join us?

      Delete