Thursday, April 27, 2023

Seven Years War - my actual French Army

Manufacturer:   FrontRank and Crusader

Scale:   28mm


Hi,

this post is about my actual French Army of the SevenYearsWar. It consists of 9 units infantry (one unit has to be increased from 16 to 20 men - next on my personal to-do-list), one unit of dragoons and two pieces of artillery.

Unfortunately they never have been on the wargaming table so far. I hope that a friend of mine, collecting Prussians is in the mood for gaming SYW soon :)

To be honest I only painted the two artilleries and three units of infantry by myself (2x LaSarre, 1x Rouergue). The other units all had been painted by a friend from Hungary. I love his way of painting and I always have troubles with painting large units. I like to paint up single figures but large units are a personal horror. The thing I did was the basing.

My aim is to have at least 12 units of infantry, 2 units of light infantry, 6 units of cavalry and 6 pieces of artillery. So there is a long way to go, but I want to have this army in a equal number to my Austrians.

Here are some pictures of my French Army.


Cheers

Mike








2 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed!! You see plenty of Prussian and Austrians so always nice to see some French and yours look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. In my opinion the French Army of the SYW is the most colorful of all SYW-armies as it has had a lot of variety with all the german, irish, swiss, french, italian units.

      Delete